He’s our thunder and lightening, and when he smiles, the sun comes out.
In 1983, The Alarm supported U2 on their War tour of the United States, the two front men, Bono and Mike Peters, have kept in touch ever since. To mark 30 years since the release of The Alarm’s debut album Declaration, Mike Peters and BBC National Orchestra Of Wales collaborated on a special concert for BBC Radio Wales Music Day 2014. All four members of U2 paid tribute to Mike and The Alarm in this exclusive video message. Introduced by Alan Thompson.
I think we could all use a tiny kitten on our screens from time to time.
ugh i love how his tail is just a triangle
IT’S TAIL IS A TRIANGLEomg we missed one this is too damn cute
Participants of World War II: Allies in green, Axis in blue, neutral countries in grey
Dark Green: Allies before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, including colonies and occupied countries.
Light Green: Allied countries that entered the war after the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Blue: Axis Powers and their colonies or countries that had to choose a side in order to stay independent.
Dark green dots represent countries that initially were neutral but during the war were annexed by the USSR.
Light green dots represent countries that later in the war changed from the Axis to the Allies.
Blue dots represent countries either being conquered by the Axis Powers, becoming puppets of those (Vichy France and several French colonies, Croatia), or Finland which was just an ally.
How do you feel about Scotland’s independence?
Data Source: /r/europe survey end of 2013: http://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/1x0c08/reuropes_official_biannual_survey_results_end_of/
Per country data:
- Andorra: 100 % ( 1 votes)
- Armenia: 100 % ( 3 votes)
- Austria: 91 % ( 11 votes)
- Belarus: 0 % ( 1 votes)
- Belgium: 81 % ( 27 votes)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: 67 % ( 9 votes)
- Bulgaria: 75 % ( 8 votes)
- Croatia: 91 % ( 32 votes)
- Cyprus: 80 % ( 5 votes)
- Czech Republic: 67 % ( 12 votes)
- Denmark: 97 % ( 29 votes)
- Estonia: 93 % ( 14 votes)
- Finland: 90 % ( 49 votes)
- France: 77 % ( 43 votes)
- Georgia: 100 % ( 1 votes)
- Germany: 88 % ( 104 votes)
- Greece: 100 % ( 13 votes)
- Hungary: 50 % ( 10 votes)
- Iceland: 50 % ( 4 votes)
- Ireland: 91 % ( 66 votes)
- Italy: 88 % ( 24 votes)
- Latvia: 92 % ( 12 votes)
- Lithuania: 80 % ( 10 votes)
- Luxembourg: 100 % ( 1 votes)
- Macedonia: 50 % ( 4 votes)
- Malta: 50 % ( 2 votes)
- Moldova: 50 % ( 2 votes)
- Montenegro: 100 % ( 1 votes)
- Netherlands: 90 % ( 49 votes)
- Norway: 89 % ( 18 votes)
- Poland: 90 % ( 149 votes)
- Portugal: 84 % ( 19 votes)
- Romania: 92 % ( 37 votes)
- Russia: 83 % ( 6 votes)
- Serbia: 75 % ( 16 votes)
- Slovakia: 83 % ( 6 votes)
- Slovenia: 92 % ( 12 votes)
- Spain: 81 % ( 32 votes)
- Sweden: 81 % ( 57 votes)
- Switzerland: 88 % ( 8 votes)
- Turkey: 86 % ( 7 votes)
- Ukraine: 100 % ( 7 votes)
- United Kingdom: 31 % ( 237 votes)
- Vatican City: 0 % ( 1 votes)
Most and Least Remembered Countries of the World according to Sporcle
This color scheme should work for most color blind people. And of course I’ve only noticed the typo immediately after submitting it.
The data’s from the 7.8 million responses to this quiz.
Related: Most and least remembered US states
Tiger Cubs Chip in For New Bubble Machine
Not content to wait until Christmas, Amur tiger cubs Jake and Lucy have pooled their allowance and crossed a big ticket item off their wish list: a bubble machine.
“They play with it about 8-10 hours a day,” says Nelson Breiner, a source close to the situation. “You’d think popping bubbles with your whiskers would get old after a few days. Nope.”
OMG DRACO YOU BOUGHT THE TIGER CUBS BUBBLES? WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING??? ….they are awfully damn cute with it. Much better than simple spellwork.